Italian Decrees Relevant Requirements
As the COVID-19 situation has developed there have been a series of decrees from the Italian State aiming to contain the virus. The decree issued on the 11th March required all municipalities nationwide to lock down.
Subsequently, with decree no. 33 of 16 May, from 18 May 2020, all restrictive measures for circulation within the regional territory cease to have effect.
After the approval of the governamental decree no. 125 of 7th October 2020 it is mandatory within the entire Italian territory to carry along every time and inside every facilities the respiratory protection.
The use of mask can be avoided for children under six years, in case of physical/sport activities and when it is feasible to remain continuosly isolated with regards to the place where you are and the circumstances ruling at that time.
The following are summarized all the measure released by the authority in the last mentioned Prime Ministerial Decree:
Starting from 3 June 2020 citizens are allowed to cross regional borders. Movements are allowed into the whole Italian territory but, it is mandatory to avoid gathering, respecting interpersonal distancing (of at least one meter) and using respiratory protection.
Concerning personnel with symptoms of respiratory infection and fever (more than 37, 5° C), they must remain at their home and limit social contacts as much as possible, by contacting their doctor.
It is strictly forbidden to move from their home or accommodation for people living the quarantine measure.
- Outdoor and sports activities
Outdoor physical sport activities are permitted without wearing medical protective mask, ensuring the interpersonal distance of at least two meters. Amateur/recreational contact sports (like soccer, basket, handball….) are prohibited.
Gyms, sport centers, swimming-pools are open and physical activities are permitted avoiding gatherings and keeping the social interpersonal distancing.
- Shows and social events
The gathering of people in public and open places is prohibited. The manifestations, events and shows of any nature with the presence of the public, including those of a cultural, recreational, sporting and fair nature, as well as any convention or congress activity, in a public or open place, must take place where deemed possible based on the trend of epidemiological data. Scheduled school trips, study trips are suspended.
- Masses and funeral services
Churches are open and religious ceremonies can be run respecting health and safety protective measures currently in force and avoiding gatherings.
- Professional activities
It is strictly recommended the massive use of smartworking methods for the activities that can be carried out at home or remotely. The holidays and paid leave for employees are very suggested, as well as other tools provided for by collective bargaining. It is also recommended the adaption of anti-contagion safety protocols. Furthermore, where it is not possible to respect the interpersonal distance of one meter as the main containment measure, the adoption of individual protection tools and the sanitization of the workplace has been encouraged.
- Industrial and commercial activities
Gradual reopening of companies deemed strategic is allowed, from public construction sites to manufacturing for exports with authorization requests notwithstanding the prefects.
- Bars and restaurants: Restaurants, cafes, bars, ice-cream shops, pastry shops can provide table services until midnight (12 pm) and take-away service is granted until 9 pm avoiding drinking and eating in the vicinity of the mentioned facilities after 9 pm; Facilities providing eating and drinking services in the hospitals and airports are open ensuring the interpersonal social distancing of at least one meter.
- Retail stores: Commercial retail shops are open and all the services are provided ensuring the interpersonal social distancing of at least one meter and respecting health and safety protective measures currently in force; the access is limited to few people waiting in line outside the facilities.
- museums, exhibitions: Museums are open respecting health and safety protective measures currently in force and avoiding gatherings; Public events (political meeting, public conferences, public celebrations) are permitted only in a static way, respecting social interpersonal distancing; Theatres, cinemas, music halls, concert halls are open: indoor only 200 people are admitted with assigned seats; outdoor only 1000 people always with assigned seats; Discos and dancing halls, outdoor and indoor, are closed.
- marketing of drugs: the production, transport and marketing and delivery of drugs, health technology and medical-surgical devices as well as agricultural and food products are always allowed.
- persons services: Barber shops, beauty centers, hair saloons are open respecting health and safety protective measures currently in force and avoiding gatherings.
- financial services: Financial/banking/insurance services are open respecting health and safety protective measures currently in force and avoiding gatherings.
For the above mentioned categories/sectors, regional authorities can adopt more restrictive measures in accordance with the local epidemiological situation.
- Prevention measures on the whole national territory
To facilitate the containment of the virus dissemination, it is mandatory throughout the national territory to use respiratory protection in closed places accessible to the public, including means of transport and in any case on all occasions where it is not possible to continuously guarantee the maintenance of the safety distance. Children under the age of six are not included in the obligation, as well as people with forms of disabilities that are not compatible with the continuous use of the mask or the people who interact with the aforementioned.
- Prevention measures on the Lombardy Region territory.
Starting the 22nd October 2020 until 13th November 2020 in Lombardy Region, with the new order n. 623 dated 21st October 2020 on every Saturday and Sunday, shopping malls are closed except:
- Foodstuff shops/groceries;
- Tobacco shops;
- Beauty care shops;
- Household cleaning shops;
- Pet shops.
In every shop it is mandatory to show, at the entrance, a board reporting how many people can simultaneously stay inside the facility. Further it is mandatory to avoid any possible gathering and interpersonal social distancing of at least one meter has to be ensured.
Festivals 8especially local ones) are prohibited.
High school lessons have to be remotely conducted using e-learning distance system.
Cafes, bars, restaurants, ice cream-shops, pastry-shop can provide table services from 5.00 am until 11 pm and for each table maximum six people can have a seat (in this number relatives/family members are not included);
Until 6.00pm food and drinks without table service is allowed (e.g. espresso at the counter); after 6.00pm only table service is permitted.
Take-away and drive-through 8e.g. Mc Donald's drive) are permitted until 11.00pm.
The abovementioned prohibitions are not applied at the airports and along higways and motorways.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in public areas like squares, parks, public gardens. It is prohibited to drink such beverages in the mentioned public areas.
Each Major can adopt more restrictive measures than the above mentioned ones especially concerning the prohibition of gatherings.
- Provisions regarding entry in Italy
Starting from 3 June 2020, travel to and from the Member States of the European Union is allowed. Limitations can be set from specific States and territories in relation to the origin, travel to and from the Member States of the European Union.
No limitations applied from the States parties to the Schengen Agreement, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Andorra, Monaco, Vatican City State and the Republic of San Marino. Until 30 June, travel to and from States and territories other than those indicated is prohibited.
In case of the onset of Covid-19 symptoms, it is mandatory to report this situation promptly to the Health Authority through the specifically dedicated telephone numbers.
- Transit and short-term stays in Italy
Starting from June 3rd, movements are allowed into the whole Italian territory but, it is mandatory to avoid gathering, respecting interpersonal distancing (of at least one meter) and using respiratory protection.
- Disabilty measures
Social and social-health activities are active in compliance with the provisions for the prevention of contagion and the protection of the health of users and operators.
- Execution and monitoring of the measures
The territorially competent Prefect is responsible for ensuring the execution of the measures and monitors the implementation of the remaining measures by the competent administrations.
All NRDC-ITA staff are required to comply with the provisions for the prevention of contagion. It is no longer mandatory to show the self-certification for travel into the whole Italian territory.
All members of the NRDC-ITA community are invited to comply with the instructions of the police authorities, even if it is indicated to stop moving and return home.